One thing you will immediately notice when using Middletwin to manage your group is that we use the same table throughout our product to manage your groups resources.
Why have a knowledge base document focused solely on our table? The reason is that when you become familiar with the table, managing everything that uses the table will become second nature.
The very top row of the table is referred to as the action row. That is because these are the actions that you can perform on, or with, the table data. Not all actions are available on all tables. From left to right the actions are
- Search (always type enter to start search)
- Clear search (re-fetches data)
- Filter by – filter the data in the table
- Sort by – sort the data in the table
- Import – import a csv of data
- Mailing labels – format the data for mailing labels
- Roster – format the data for a roster printout
- Chasing Arrows – reload data
- Gear – Hide/show columns
- Export – export viewable table data as a csv
- Create – create a new item
Additionally, if the first column of the table has a checkbox, checking the checkbox may cause a couple of additional actions to appear that will only apply to the rows with the boxes checked. They are
- Trash can icon – remove the selected item
- Copy icon – create a copy of the selected item
To hide and show columns, click on the gear icon, this will open a dialog that lists all the columns that the data has. Use the checkboxes to hide/show the table data. Note that data that is hidden will not appear in CSV exports.
Lastly, tables that contain data that can be paginated will have a pagination control at the bottom of them. The 2 forms of the pagination control are paged by count
And paged by time
The table will use what the pagination control that is appropriate for the data in the table.